The mushroom is found in Northern Europe, the European part of Russia, the Far East, Southeast Asia, etc.
The fungus grows best on old, broken deciduous trees. In the Far East and China, this mushroom is considered a delicacy, but not because of its taste, but because of its properties.
It is usually collected from November to March, since this is the time when it is easiest to find it.
This mushroom :
- is a strong absorbent of natural origin, as it contains food cellulose and chitosan;
- contains polysaccharides - polyosis, which creates an immunomodulating effect;
- helps break up kidney stones and gallstones;
- the colloidal substances contained in it reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and fats in the intestines,
- contains substances that reduce the formation of blood clots.
This mushroom is used for medicinal purposes in the following cases:
- in case of severe poisoning (as a substitute for activated carbon). Likewise, in cases of intoxication, to improve the composition of the blood and for the prevention of intestinal dysbacteriosis. The fungus is also recommended after chemotherapy and radiation therapy;
- to normalize digestion, especially for people with chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which develop on the background of insufficient digestive enzymes;
- as one of the complex substances for the treatment of allergies;
- helps to reduce weight and normalize metabolic processes (in the case of gallstones and kidney stones), as well as for the treatment of diabetes;
- for the treatment and prevention of heart and cardiovascular diseases - arterial hypertension, ischemic heart disease, lipid metabolism disorders;
- as a complex remedy for the treatment of malignant and benign tumors;
- as a gerontological agent.
It is not recommended to use this mushroom with snail, pheasant, quail and wild duck meat.
As well as in case of individual intolerance.